The ingredient of Salmon & coconut noodle soup
- 1 210g can red salmon
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 brown onion, halved, thinly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon ground chillies
- 2x 400ml cans coconut milk
- 500ml Massel chicken style liquid stock
- 300g frozen baby beans, diagonally cut into 5cm lengths
- 115g soba noodles
- Salt & ground black pepper, to taste
The instruction how to make Salmon & coconut noodle soup
- Place the salmon in a sieve over a bowl and drain, reserving the liquid. Use a fork to break up the salmon and set aside.
- Heat the oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add the onion and cook, stirring often, for 4-5 minutes or until it softens slightly. Add the coriander, cumin, turmeric and chillies. Cook, stirring, for 30 seconds or until aromatic.
- Add the coconut milk and stock to the pan. Stir well, then bring to the boil over medium heat. Stir in the beans and noodles. Bring to a simmer and cook, uncovered, for 5 minutes or until the noodles are tender.
- Remove the soup from the heat and stir in the reserved salmon liquid. Taste and season with salt and pepper. Divide the soup among serving bowls, top with the salmon and serve.
Nutritions of Salmon & coconut noodle soupfatContent: 480.868 calories
saturatedFatContent: 39 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 30 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 16 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 6 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 17 grams protein
sodiumContent: 31 milligrams cholesterol