This Kale Soup recipe draws inspiration from traditional Portuguese recipes and is the perfect meal when you are trying to keep things light. This potato based soup features garlic and plenty of kale for your daily dose of leafy greens. Ready in an hour, this vegetarian soup can easily be reheated throughout the week for an easy lunch or dinner when you are in a hurry. Season with fresh pepper and parsley before serving and melt in butter if you so desire.
The ingredient of Kale Soup
- 6 1/3 cups water
- 4 potatoes medium-sized, ; scrubbed, peeled, and sliced
- 3 garlic cloves peeled and smashed
- 1/2 head kale washed and finely julienned
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3 sprigs fresh parsley
- ground black pepper
The instruction how to make Kale Soup
- Pour the water into a large stock pot and bring to a boil. Generously salt and add the potatoes and garlic. Simmer on low heat 15 minutes or until the potatoes have softened.
- Fish out the potatoes and mash them so there are no large lumps. Add the potatoes back in with the stock. Alternatively, you can blend it all together.
- Add the kale pieces and simmer another 20 minutes.
- When serving, melt in the butter and garnish with freshly parsley and ground black pepper on top.
Nutritions of Kale Soupcalories: NutritionInformation
carbohydrateContent: 180 calories
cholesterolContent: 35 grams
fatContent: 10 milligrams
fiberContent: 3 grams
proteinContent: 4 grams
saturatedFatContent: 4 grams
sodiumContent: 2 grams
sugarContent: 250 milligrams
: 2 grams