If you are looking for a savory meal combining fresh seafood with vegetables and the punch of garlic and white wine, this soup will tantalize the taste buds. By combining cod, shrimp and mussels in a rich, creamy wine and vegetable based stock, this soup is perfect served as a hearty meal on a cold, winter night or a savory first course for any dinner party. Garnished with cilantro or toast, this soup will warm the soul.
The ingredient of Seafood Soup
- 3 cod fillets
- fish stock
- 2/3 pound shrimp
- 1 onion medium, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove chopped
- 1 celery stalk chopped
- 1 leek chopped
- 1 carrot cubed
- red pepper cubed
- 1 1/4 cups flour
- 5 3/8 tablespoons white wine
- 2/3 pound mussels
- salt to taste
- olive oil to taste
- 1 bunch cilantro chopped, for garnish, optional
The instruction how to make Seafood Soup
- Begin by boiling the cod fillets in salt-seasoned water. Once boiling, add the fish stock.
- When the fish is almost finished cooking, add the shrimp.
- Turn off the heat and remove both the fish and the shrimp.
- Strain the leftover broth and set it aside.
- Saute the onion, then add the garlic and remaining vegetables. Saute until softened.
- Slowly pour all of the flour over the sauteed vegetables and stir well until it is fully mixed and has no lumps.
- Soak the mixture with the white wine, stirring constantly until it creates a thick puree.
- Slowly add the broth that was set aside. Once boiling, mash the mixture to create a creamy soup.
- Flake the fish, peel the shrimp, and add both to the soup. As soon as it starts to boil, add the mussels and cook until they open.
- Serve immediately, plain or garnished with cilantro and a piece of toast.
Nutritions of Seafood Soupcalories: NutritionInformation
carbohydrateContent: 380 calories
cholesterolContent: 41 grams
fatContent: 135 milligrams
fiberContent: 8 grams
proteinContent: 3 grams
saturatedFatContent: 29 grams
sodiumContent: 0.5 grams
sugarContent: 540 milligrams
: 3 grams