Spicy Fish Soup With White Fish Fillets, Lime, Chopped Cilantro, Red Pepper, Long Green Chili Peppers, Vegetable Oil, Garlic, Dried Oregano, Onion, Plum Tomatoes
The ingredient of Spicy Fish Soup
- 12 ounces white fish fillets firm, cubed
- 1 lime juiced
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro plus additional leaves, to serve
- 1 red pepper seeded and chopped
- 4 long green chili peppers seeded and chopped, plus 2 extra, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 4 cloves garlic crushed
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 onion chopped
- 2 plum tomatoes seeded and chopped
The instruction how to make Spicy Fish Soup
- Combine fish with lime juice and cilantro in a large bowl.
- Place pepper, chopped chili peppers and 2 tbsp water in a blender. Blend to a puree.
- Heat oil In a large, deep skillet on medium heat. Cook garlic and oregano 30 seconds, stirring, until fragrant. Add puree, cook 1-2 mins. Add onion and simmer gently 4-5 mins, stirring.
- Add fish with marinade to skillet. Add 2 cups water, tomatoes and sliced chili peppers. Reduce heat to low. Simmer, covered, 10-12 mins, until fish flakes easily when tested. Season to taste. Sprinkle with additional cilantro leaves.
Nutritions of Spicy Fish Soupcalories: NutritionInformation
carbohydrateContent: 270 calories
cholesterolContent: 10 grams
fatContent: 50 milligrams
fiberContent: 19 grams
proteinContent: 3 grams
saturatedFatContent: 18 grams
sodiumContent: 2 grams
sugarContent: 50 milligrams
: 4 grams