Wondering what to do with that leftover roast in your refrigerator? Heres your answer: Use it in a delicious filling for a savory pie. Youll also need some sausage and basic aromatics (onion, garlic, carrot); tomato paste adds depth of flavor. The dough is quickly prepared in a food processor, then layered with the filling in a pan and baked until delightfully golden. Serve warm.
The ingredient of Simple Meat Pie
- 7/8 pound leftover meat cooked
- 1/2 pork sausage smoked
- 1 onion small, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves chopped
- 1 medium carrot grated
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 3 eggs
- 2 3/8 cups flour
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
The instruction how to make Simple Meat Pie
- Filling Preparation:
- In the food processor, chop the meat with the smoked pork sausage. Set aside.
- In a saucepan, add the onion, garlic cloves, carrot, olive oil, and tomato paste.
- Mix and stew on medium heat for 8 to 10 minutes.
- Add the chopped meat, and mix.
- Set aside.
- Pastry Preparation:
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Grease a round pan with olive oil, and sprinkle with flour. Set aside.
- In the food processor (you dont even need to wash the bowl), mix all the ingredients until you get a smooth dough.
- Line the pan with part of the dough and cover with the meat.
- Spread the remaining dough on top of the meat, and bake for 30 to 35 minutes, until golden.
- Remove from oven and unmold.
Nutritions of Simple Meat Piecalories: NutritionInformation
carbohydrateContent: 940 calories
cholesterolContent: 68 grams
fatContent: 250 milligrams
fiberContent: 58 grams
proteinContent: 4 grams
saturatedFatContent: 36 grams
sodiumContent: 17 grams
sugarContent: 1050 milligrams
: 7 grams