The classic chicken casserole gets an Italian makeover when fresh herbs and tomato sauce meet boneless skinless chicken breasts.
The ingredient of Italian Chicken Casserole
- 1 cup Tysonu00ae Frozen Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts Tysonu00ae, cubed
- 1 cup elbow macaroni
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2/3 onion diced
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 can diced tomatoes 14.5 oz.
- 1 1/4 cups mozzarella cheese shredded
- 1/4 cup parsley fresh, chopped
- 1 kosher salt to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup bread crumbs
- 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese grated
- 3 tablespoons butter divided
The instruction how to make Italian Chicken Casserole
- Preheat oven to 400u00b0F. Coat 8x8x2 inch baking dish with 1 tablespoon butter.
- Bring medium sized pot of lightly salted water to a boil over high heat. Once boiling, add pasta and follow pasta instructions. When tender, drain pasta and set aside.
- Meanwhile, place olive oil in a medium sautu00e9 pan over medium heat. Add chicken and cook for 3 minutes. Add onions and garlic, stirring to combine, and cook until the onions are soft and the chicken is cooked through, about 5 minutes.
- Combine chicken mixture with the cooked pasta in large bowl. Add canned tomatoes with juice, mozzarella cheese, parsley, salt and pepper. Mix gently until all ingredients are evenly distributed. Place mixture in prepared baking dish.
- In a small bowl mix together bread crumbs and Parmesan cheese. Sprinkle on top of pasta. Dot the top with slices of butter. Bake until top is gold brown, about 30 minutes.
Nutritions of Italian Chicken Casserolecalories: NutritionInformation
carbohydrateContent: 470 calories
cholesterolContent: 35 grams
fatContent: 75 milligrams
proteinContent: 25 grams
sodiumContent: 26 grams
: 750 milligrams