Fancy five-star meals don’t have to be purchased at five-star restaurants. You can make this Scampi Cream with Green Apple, Crispy Bacon and Chinese Badian in 80 minutes at home. This is perfect for a special intimate dinner among friends. This recipe combines the sweetness of scampis and green apples with the decadence of aromatic spices and cream for a hearty sensation. Its decadence will please the palate. Happy cooking!
The ingredient of Scampi Cream with Green Apple, Crispy Bacon and Chinese Badian
- 12 raw scampis
- 1 onion
- 1 shallot
- 2 13/16 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 chinese badian (star anise)
- 1 tablespoon tomato concentrate
- 1 glass dry white wine
- cream 20 cl. liquid
- 2 slices bacon
- 1 green apple
The instruction how to make Scampi Cream with Green Apple, Crispy Bacon and Chinese Badian
- Separate heads and tails of lobsters. Peel the tails without damaging the flesh. If possible remove the black filament.
- Peel the onion, shallot, and garlic, and chop them.
- Place the heads and shells in a pot with the oil and half the butter.
- Start heating over high heat while stirring constantly.
- Add the chopped onion, shallot, and star anise. Let brown for a few minutes, then thin down the tomato paste.
- Pour in the white wine with 75 ounces of water and season with salt and pepper.
- Cover and cook over medium heat for 25 minutes. Leave to infuse for 15 minutes, then strain the mixture through a sieve.
- Pour the juice into a saucepan. Add the cream and reheat without boiling.
- Adjust the seasoning as needed.
- Cook crawfish tails with the remaining butter in a non-stick pan until the butter is lightly brown.
- Brown the bacon in a little olive oil until crispy and cut into pieces (place them on a paper towel to remove excess fat).
- Wash the apple by brushing it with hot water, wipe dry and cut into thin sticks keeping the skin.
- Preheat soup bowls and divide the prawns in, pour the cream on top, sprinkle with sliced u200bu200bapple and bacon, add pepper and serve immediately.
Nutritions of Scampi Cream with Green Apple, Crispy Bacon and Chinese Badiancalories: NutritionInformation
carbohydrateContent: 300 calories
cholesterolContent: 15 grams
fatContent: 35 milligrams
fiberContent: 22 grams
proteinContent: 1 grams
saturatedFatContent: 3 grams
sodiumContent: 9 grams
sugarContent: 180 milligrams
: 6 grams