Earthy and nutty flavors come together in this rich Autumn soup. Incredibly this loaded with porcini mushrooms, thick cream, and smooth hazelnut flavoring soup is under 150 calories per serving! Any dry white cooking wine can be used if its dry in flavor. Pinot Grigio or Sauvignon Blanc whites are a common choice for professional cooks. Before slowly blending the mushrooms into the broth, be sure to remove the Bay leaf. Serve in a deep bowl with a few dried mushrooms and chopped, roasted hazelnuts for added texture.
The ingredient of Autumn Veloute with Porcini Mushrooms and Hazelnuts
- 4 1/4 cups water
- 5/8 cup dried porcini mushrooms
- 1 1/8 pounds porcini mushrooms
- 1 3/8 tablespoons butter
- 1 shallot diced
- 2 sprigs thyme
- 1 bay leaf
- 6 3/4 tablespoons white wine
- heavy cream 20 to 30 cl., minimum 30% fat
- 3 5/16 tablespoons hazelnuts crushed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
The instruction how to make Autumn Veloute with Porcini Mushrooms and Hazelnuts
- Bring 1 liter of water to a boil.
- Place the dried porcini mushrooms in a small bowl and pour the boiling water over them. Let them rehydrate for 15 minutes.
- Drain and keep the water to dilute the bouillon cube.
- Wash and brush the fresh porcini mushrooms. Set 2-3 (according to their size) mushrooms aside for decoration and cut the rest.
- Heat the butter in a pan and the diced shallot for 3-4 minutes.
- Add the fresh porcini mushrooms, the dried mushrooms, thyme, and bay leaves. Mix and cook for 4-5 minutes.
- Add the glass of white wine and stir.
- After letting it cook for 2/3 minutes, add the broth.
- Bring to a boil, add salt (be aware that the broth can be already salty), cover, and let cook for 25 minutes.
- In the blender bowl, add the mushrooms and gradually add the broth and cream until the desired texture is obtained. Adjust the quantity of cream depending on the consistency of the soup.
- Blend for 5 minutes until the soup is smooth.
- Check the seasoning and adjust to your taste.
- Dry roast hazelnuts in a pan, set aside.
- Slice the 2-3 fresh procini mushrooms previously set aside.
- In another pan, pour 1 tablespoon of olive oil and sautu00e9 the sliced u200bu200bmushrooms. Place them on a paper towel to absorb the excess fat.
- Distribute the soup on the plates. Gently drop the sliced porcini mushrooms in the centre and sprinkle with crushed hazelnuts. You can also add some spring onions or chives.
Nutritions of Autumn Veloute with Porcini Mushrooms and Hazelnutscalories: NutritionInformation
carbohydrateContent: 140 calories
cholesterolContent: 8 grams
fatContent: 15 milligrams
fiberContent: 10 grams
proteinContent: 1 grams
saturatedFatContent: 2 grams
sodiumContent: 3.5 grams
: 35 milligrams