A unique take on a classic breakfast favorite. This french toast is so good on its own that you will not even need syrup. Cinnamon and lemon zest combine to create the perfect flavor combination your breakfast has been missing.
The ingredient of French Toast
- 1 loaf bread
- 4 1/4 cups milk
- 2 lemon peels
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 5 eggs
- cinnamon to taste
The instruction how to make French Toast
- Buy bread at the bakery about 2 or 3 days ahead of time.
- On cooking day, cut the bread in 1 to 1 1/2 centimeter slices. Cut off the corners.
- Meanwhile, heat the milk with the lemon peel and the cinnamon stick. Bring to a boil, and immediately remove from heat. Set aside.
- Heat a skillet with at least 3 fingers of cooking oil.
- Prepare four soup plates, to organize a chain process. In the first, place the milk, already warm. In the second, the whisked eggs. In the third, paper towels. In the fourth, sugar and cinnamon (enough).
- When the oil is hot (but not too hot) submerge each slice of bread in the milk. Let it soak for about 5 seconds on both sides.
- Then, pass the bread through the egg, also on both sides, and carefully place in the oil. Brown each slice of bread on both sides.
- Remove from skillet and place in bowl with paper towels, which should be changed regularly.
- Coat well-drained toast with sugar and cinnamon. Dont forget the sides of the toast.
Nutritions of French Toastcalories: NutritionInformation
carbohydrateContent: 720 calories
cholesterolContent: 101 grams
fatContent: 290 milligrams
fiberContent: 22 grams
proteinContent: 7 grams
saturatedFatContent: 32 grams
sodiumContent: 7 grams
sugarContent: 1230 milligrams
: 27 grams