Heartwarming and velvety, this hearty potato soup is dotted with speck and vegetable stock, though you could use chicken stock instead. Its creaminess comes from milk and a luxurious touch: crème fraîche. Its pureed smooth, though the bowls are garnished with a bit of diced potatoes that have been held back. If youre looking to brighten things up, try topping it with a handful of chopped fresh chives.
The ingredient of Creamy Potato Soup
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 shallot peeled and minced
- 1 1/3 pounds potatoes diced
- 1 3/4 ounces speck
- 1 11/16 cups milk fresh
- 4 1/4 cups vegetable stock
- 2/3 cup creme fraiche
- chives minced
The instruction how to make Creamy Potato Soup
- In a skillet on medium heat, add the oil and saute the shallot for a few minutes.
- Add the potatoes and speck or ham and cook until golden brown.
- Set aside a spoonful of potatoes, and then add the milk, stock, and a pinch of salt.
- Cook on a low heat for about 1 1/2 hours and then place in a blender together with the cru00e8me fraiche and chives. Puree until smooth.
- Serve hot in soup bowls with the remaining potatoes as garnish.
Nutritions of Creamy Potato Soupcalories: NutritionInformation
carbohydrateContent: 330 calories
cholesterolContent: 39 grams
fatContent: 35 milligrams
fiberContent: 15 grams
proteinContent: 3 grams
saturatedFatContent: 12 grams
sodiumContent: 6 grams
sugarContent: 1470 milligrams
: 12 grams