Nothing like a Creamy Potato and Gruyere Soup to brghten up your day. This Creamy Potato and Gruyere Soup recipe also makes for a perfect childrens lunch. You will not be let down by this Creamy Potato and Gruyere Soup recipe. Let us know your thoughts in the comments below or give this Creamy Potato and Gruyere Soup recipe a star rating so others can follow along! We hope you love this recipe as much as we do! Its incredible. We promise.
The ingredient of Creamy Potato and Gruyere Soup
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 shallot peeled and sliced
- 7/8 pound potatoes cut in small chunks
- garlic powder
- fresh rosemary minced
- ground black pepper
- 1 11/16 cups milk
- 1 1/4 cups vegetable stock
- 1 11/16 tablespoons white wine
- 3/4 cup Gruyere cheese grated
The instruction how to make Creamy Potato and Gruyere Soup
- In a large pot, melt the butter on medium heat. Add the shallot, potatoes, and a pinch each of garlic powder, rosemary, black pepper, and salt.
- Allow to marinate for 10 minutes, stirring from time to time with a wooden spoon.
- Add the milk and stock and cook until the potatoes are just cooked.
- Leave to cool and place in a blender. Puree until smooth.
- Return to the heat and cook on medium, adding the wine and cheese. Stir with a wooden spoon until the cheese is completely melted.
- Season with salt and serve with a sprinkling of black pepper.
- May also be served with nutmeg croutons fried in butter.
Nutritions of Creamy Potato and Gruyere Soupcalories: NutritionInformation
carbohydrateContent: 290 calories
cholesterolContent: 30 grams
fatContent: 40 milligrams
fiberContent: 12 grams
proteinContent: 3 grams
saturatedFatContent: 14 grams
sodiumContent: 7 grams
sugarContent: 670 milligrams
: 8 grams