Pea soup is a rich and creamy traditional and nostalgic favorite. Grandma used to have a pot of this cooking when you came over to visit. This Fresh Pea Soup with Bacon and Mint is a hearty twist on a traditional favorite. It combines the sweet and creamy layers of fresh peas with the salty layers of bacon and the tart and aromatic layers of fresh mint. We hope you enjoy this dish!
The ingredient of Fresh Pea Soup with Bacon and Mint
- 2 13/16 ounces bacon sliced u200bu200b
- 1 shallot
- olive oil
- 1 3/4 cups fresh peas or 1 kg. pea pods
- 3 1/8 cups milk
- fresh mint
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 5 1/2 tablespoons fresh peas for decoration
The instruction how to make Fresh Pea Soup with Bacon and Mint
- In a pan, fry the bacon cut in small pieces.
- Remove bacon from skillet, and add the shallot cut in small pieces with a teaspoon of olive oil. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the milk. When it starts boiling, add the peas and 3/4 of the bacon, cook for 15 minutes.
- It is important to keep the liquid at the boiling point so that the peas remain green. Dilute a teaspoon of cornstarch with a little bit of soup, pour into the pan, and cook for about 5 minutes. Mix the soup to get a fairly fine texture. Optionally, sieve the soup to remove pea skins.
- Pour the soup in bowls.
- Garnish with bacon, mint leaves, raw peas, a little olive oil, and Espelette pepper.
Nutritions of Fresh Pea Soup with Bacon and Mintcalories: NutritionInformation
carbohydrateContent: 700 calories
cholesterolContent: 56 grams
fatContent: 65 milligrams
fiberContent: 37 grams
proteinContent: 8 grams
saturatedFatContent: 33 grams
sodiumContent: 12 grams
sugarContent: 630 milligrams
: 32 grams