It was ok I guess for first time mak8ng it. Next time i will twick a few things i was wanting something with more spice.
The ingredient of Pork Pozole Verde
- 2 pounds boneless pork shoulder cut into 1- to 1 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 pound tomatillos husked and halved
- 2 poblano chiles or pasilla chiles, stemmed, quartered, seeds and veins removed
- 2 jalapeno chiles stemmed, halved, seeds and veins removed
- 1/2 cup cilantro leaves coarsely chopped
- 6 cloves garlic
- 2 small onions 1 cut into 6 or 8 chunks and 1 cut into 1/2-inch dice
- 6 cups chicken stock divided
- 2 tablespoons canola oil or other neutral-flavored oil, divided
- 50 ounces hominy drained
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
The instruction how to make Pork Pozole Verde
- In a blender, combine tomatillos, poblanos, jalapenos, cilantro, garlic and chunked out onion and pulse to coarsely chop. Add 1 cup of chicken stock and puree.
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, warm 1 tablespoon of oil. Add tomatillo mixture and bring to a boil. Reduce to medium and cook, stirring occasionally, until the sauce thickens and becomes medium green, about 20 minutes. Remove from heat, add salt and pepper to taste, and set aside.
- While the tomatillo mixture is cooking, in a small stockpot or Dutch oven over medium-high heat, warm remaining 1 tablespoon of oil. Add half the pork and cook until browned on all sides, about 5 minutes. Use a slotted spoon to remove browned pork to a plate and set aside. Repeat with remaining pork.
- Add diced onion to the pot and cook, stirring occasionally, until crisp-tender, 2 to 3 minutes. Add remaining 5 cups of chicken broth, scraping up any browned bits. Add pork, hominy and oregano and bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce to a simmer and cook, stirring occasionally, for 15 minutes.
- Stir in tomatillo mixture and continue cooking, stirring occasionally, until the pork is very tender, 1 to 1 1/2 hours. Add salt and pepper to taste. Serve pozole topped with suggested garnishes.