“Simple, flavour-packed soups are worth their weight in gold in winter. This one is great served with crusty bread” - Curtis Stone.
The ingredient of Cauliflower soup with parmesan crumbs
- 1 head cauliflower, leaves discarded, stem trimmed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 cup (80g) finely grated parmesan
- 1 tablespoon fresh flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped
- 1 lemon, zest finely grated
The instruction how to make Cauliflower soup with parmesan crumbs
- From the cauliflower head, cut 1 cup of small florets and reserve. Coarsely chop the remaining cauliflower, including stem and core.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a large heavy saucepan over medium heat. Add the chopped cauliflower, onion and 2 teaspoon salt. Cover. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 15 mins or until onion softens. Add 5 cups (1.25L) of water and cook, covered, for 15 mins or until cauliflower is completely tender. Cool, then transfer to a blender and carefully blend until completely smooth. Season with salt. Reheat. Keep warm until ready to serve.
- Meanwhile, preheat oven to 200C (180C fan-forced). Line a baking tray with baking paper. Arrange 8 equal mounds of parmesan, about 4cm apart, on prepared tray. Use the back of a spoon to flatten mounds to even thickness, about 8cm in diameter. Bake for 6 mins or until parmesan melts and is pale golden. Cool on tray until crisp. Sprinkle with pepper. Transfer to a bowl and break into breadcrumb-sized pieces.
- Heat remaining 1 tablespoon oil in a large heavy frying pan over medium-high heat. Add reserved cauliflower florets and cook, tossing frequently, for 4 mins or until cauliflower is heavily browned. Transfer to a plate lined with paper towel and sprinkle with salt.
- Ladle soup into serving bowls and garnish with cooked florets, parsley, parmesan crumbs and lemon zest. Grind black pepper over each bowl to serve.
Nutritions of Cauliflower soup with parmesan crumbsfatContent: 198.131 calories
saturatedFatContent: 15 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 5 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 3 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 3 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 9 grams protein