When the weather is cold there is nothing more satisfying than a hot bowl of soup. This one is made up of a variety of root vegetables, including parsnips, rutabaga, sweet potatoes, and jerusalem artichokes. This soup is super simple to make, perfect for days when you want to stay cozy on the couch! After letting the vegetables cook, simply puree the mixture with your blender. Pour into bowls and garnish with smoked bacon.
The ingredient of Root Vegetable Soup
- 1 1/8 pounds parsnips
- 3 7/8 cups rutabaga
- 1 1/8 pounds sweet potatoes
- 7 ounces jerusalem artichokes
- 1 chicken stock cube
- 1 package smoked bacon
The instruction how to make Root Vegetable Soup
- Peel and dice the parsnips, rutabagas, sweet potatoes, and artichokes.
- Place vegetables in a large pot and cover them with cold water. Add chicken stock cube. Cook over medium heat until tender.
- Using an immersion blender (or food mill), mix the vegetables with the broth. This makes a fairly thick soup. Blend in a bit of water (or cream) until achieving desired consistency. This soup is best when it is not too watery.
- In a pan, brown the bits of bacon: Remove the fat from the pan while cooking for crispier bacon.
- To serve, pour the soup into bowls, and sprinkle with pieces of golden bacon (if the soup is too thin, the bacon will not float).
Nutritions of Root Vegetable Soupcalories: NutritionInformation
carbohydrateContent: 270 calories
fiberContent: 63 grams
proteinContent: 16 grams
sodiumContent: 7 grams
sugarContent: 380 milligrams
: 19 grams