Roasted Tomato Soup With Cheesy Croutons With Plum Tomatoes, Olive Oil, Onion, Garlic, Reduced Sodium Vegetable Stock, Basil, Baguette, Cheddar Cheese
The ingredient of Roasted Tomato Soup with Cheesy Croutons
- 3 1/3 pounds plum tomatoes ripe, halved lengthwise
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion large, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic crushed
- 4 cups reduced sodium vegetable stock
- basil to serve
- 1 baguette cut into 12 slices
- 1 1/3 cups cheddar cheese grated
The instruction how to make Roasted Tomato Soup with Cheesy Croutons
- Preheat the oven to 400u00b0F. Line a large baking pan with parchment paper. Place tomato, cut sides up, on prepared pan. Roast for 40 mins, until tender. Cool, then peel. Process tomatoes in a food processor until smooth. Strain through a sieve and discard seeds.
- Heat oil in large saucepan on medium-high heat. Add onion and sautu00e9, for 2-3 mins, until soft. Add garlic, stock, 1 cup water and pureed tomatoes, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer, stirring occasionally, for 10 mins, until mixture thickens slightly. Season to taste.
- Meanwhile, preheat broiler on high. Broil bread for 2-3 mins, until lightly toasted. Turn bread over, top with cheese and broil for 1-2 mins, until cheese melts. Ladle soup into bowls. Top with croutons and basil.
Nutritions of Roasted Tomato Soup with Cheesy Croutonscalories: NutritionInformation
carbohydrateContent: 210 calories
cholesterolContent: 18 grams
fatContent: 25 milligrams
fiberContent: 11 grams
proteinContent: 3 grams
saturatedFatContent: 10 grams
sodiumContent: 6 grams
sugarContent: 240 milligrams
: 9 grams