Give the holiday favorite flavors a new twist with this rack of pork recipe. Links included for the pumpkin purée and the cilantro salad.
The ingredient of Coriander and Cumin Roasted Rack of Pork with Five Spice Pumpkin Puree and a Chile, Pumpkin Seed and Cilantro Salad
- 1 pork rib rack 8-ribs, center cut, chine bone removed and Frenched
- 1 tablespoon coriander seeds whole
- 1 tablespoon cumin seed
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon chipotle chile powder
The instruction how to make Coriander and Cumin Roasted Rack of Pork with Five Spice Pumpkin Puree and a Chile, Pumpkin Seed and Cilantro Salad
- If desired, using a mortar and pestle, slightly crush coriander seed. Combine coriander seed, cumin, salt, sugar and chipotle chile powder in small bowl or dish; set aside.
- Cut 4 long pieces of plastic wrap. Place 1 piece horizontally on work surface and the remaining 3 pieces vertically on the first piece. Place pork rack on center of plastic wrap. Sprinkle and rub spice mixture evenly over surface of pork rack. Wrap tightly in the plastic wrap. Place on a tray or shallow pan and refrigerate for 8 to 12 hours.
- Pre-heat oven to 350u00b0 F. Unwrap pork and place on rack in shallow roasting pan with bones facing up. Roast in preheated oven for 1 to 1 1/2 hours (about 20 minutes per pound) or until internal temperature on a thermometer reads 145u00b0 F. Remove roast from oven. Loosely cover with foil and let rest about 10 minutes.
- Carve between rib bones to serve.