Chorizo adds an extra special twist to this hearty winter soup.
The ingredient of Lentil and chickpea soup with chorizo
- 1 leek, thinly sliced
- 1 carrot, chopped
- 1 stick celery, chopped
- 1 zucchini, chopped
- 2 chorizo sausages, sliced diagonally
- 1 litre Massel beef style liquid stock
- 400g can diced tomatoes
- 400g can brown lentils, rinsed and drained
- 400g can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
The instruction how to make Lentil and chickpea soup with chorizo
- Heat 2 teaspoons olive oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the carrot, celery, leek and zucchini and cook for 3 minutes or until just tender. Add stock and tomatoes, and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat a non stick frying pan over medium high heat. Add the chorizo and cook for 1-2 minutes on each side until golden brown. Remove and drain on paper towel.
- Add lentils and chickpeas along with salt and pepper to the soup and cook for 3 minutes. Serve soup topped with chorizo and crusty bread.
Nutritions of Lentil and chickpea soup with chorizofatContent: 244.736 calories
saturatedFatContent: 7 grams fat
carbohydrateContent: 3 grams saturated fat
sugarContent: 22 grams carbohydrates
fibreContent: 8 grams sugar
cholesterolContent: 18 grams protein