I turned out great! Was easy and delicious with ice cream
The ingredient of Cinnamon Apple Crostata
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 10 tablespoons unsalted butter chilled, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 3 tablespoons ice water
- 2 Honey crisp apples large, peeled and cored
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 egg beaten for egg wash
- 5 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
The instruction how to make Cinnamon Apple Crostata
- In the mini-bowl of a KitchenAidu00ae ProLineu00ae 16 cup Food Processor, process the flour, sugar, and salt for 3 seconds.
- Add in the butter and process 45 seconds until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- With the motor running, pour the vanilla and 2 tablespoons of water through the feed tube and process until the dough begins to form a ball. Remove dough from the bowl and form into a disc. Wrap tightly with plastic wrap and chill for one half hour.
- While dough is chilling, remove the mini-bowl and blade, and place the slicing disc into the work bowl set to the 6th notch from the left. Use the small food pusher to feed the apples through to slice.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Place the apples in a large bowl and toss with the lemon juice, brown sugar, and cinnamon. Allow to macerate for 20-30 minutes. Meanwhile mix together all of the crumb topping ingredients in a small bowl and set aside.
- Remove dough from the refrigerator and roll out to 1/4 inch thickness on a lightly floured surface. Place dough round onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Layer the apples overtop dough leaving a one inch border. Sprinkle crumb topping evenly over the apples and fold the edge of the dough in, pinching lightly to secure. Brush the edges of the crostata with the egg wash and bake for 35-40 minutes until lightly browned.
- Tip: As an alternative, use Bosc pears instead of apples, and add 3 tablespoons of shredded sharp cheddar cheese to the crumb topping mixture.