Yogurt cakes are easy to make and have an elegant texture that makes them a wonderful dessert to serve on any occasion. This yogurt sponge cake is made with natural greek yogurt and sunflower or olive oil instead of butter for dense cake. A very basic recipe, you can also add your favorite flavors to the cake batter before baking such as lemon or orange zest or a splash of vanilla or almond extract.
The ingredient of Yogurt Sponge Cake
- 1 cup greek yogurt natural
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 3 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 tablespoon sunflower oil or olive oil
The instruction how to make Yogurt Sponge Cake
- Pre-heat the oven to 180C.
- Grease or line a cake pan or loaf tin
- Place the yogurt, sugar, and eggs in a bowl and beat together well.
- Add the flour and baking powder and gently stir with a spatula until all the ingredients are completely blended.
- Add the oil and stir again with the spatula.
- Transfer to the cake pan and cook for 25 minutes or until a skewer inserted in the center comes out clean.
Nutritions of Yogurt Sponge Cakecalories: NutritionInformation
carbohydrateContent: 440 calories
cholesterolContent: 84 grams
fatContent: 110 milligrams
fiberContent: 7 grams
proteinContent: 2 grams
saturatedFatContent: 11 grams
sodiumContent: 2 grams
sugarContent: 230 milligrams
: 36 grams