It didnt have much flavor.
The ingredient of Strawberry Preserve Cake
- 2 1/2 cups Swans Down Cake Flour sifted
- 1 1/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter softened
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 3/4 cup strawberry preserves
- 4 large eggs
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- red food coloring paste
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened
- 1 cup unsalted butter softened
- 1/4 cup strawberry preserves
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 cups confectioners sugar
- 1 pinch salt
- strawberries Garnish: fresh
The instruction how to make Strawberry Preserve Cake
- Preheat oven to 350u00b0.
- Line bottoms of 2 (9-inch) cake pans with parchment paper. Lightly coat each pan with baking spray; set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, salt, and baking soda; set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat butter and sugar at medium-high speed with an electric mixer approximately 4 minutes, or until light and fluffy. Add preserves. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Scrape down sides of bowl, and add vanilla extract and enough food coloring to achieve desired color.
- Reduce mixer speed to low, and add flour mixture, alternately with buttermilk, ending with flour mixture. Divide batter equally between prepared pans, and spread evenly.
- Bake on the middle rack of oven 25 to 35 minutes, or until a wooden pick inserted in the center of each cake layer comes out clean. Let cool completely on a wire rack.
- Strawberry Cream Cheese Icing: In a large mixing bowl, beat cream cheese and butter at medium-high speed with an electric mixer 2 to 3 minutes or until smooth. Add strawberry preserves and vanilla, beating until well combined. Add confectionersu2019 sugar and salt, beating until smooth.
- Spread Strawberry Cream Cheese Icing between layers and on top and sides of cake. Garnish with strawberries, if desired.