Cactus is a traditional addition to many Mexican and southwest dishes. This Lentil Soup with Nopal cactus is hearty, flavorful and provides texture for your taste buds. This recipe is packed with decadent and aromatic spices and herbs. There are only 220 calories in this healthy soup, so feel free to serve it up in big bowls as a main dish or along side your favorite main dish. Happy cooking!
The ingredient of Lentil Soup With Nopal
- 1/4 cup lentils washed
- 2 nopals medium chopped
- 1 spring onion
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1/4 onion finely chopped
- 1 serrano pepper finely chopped
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce
- 2 chicken broth or water
- 3 bunches coriander
The instruction how to make Lentil Soup With Nopal
- Cook the lentils until they are soft ( 15-20 minutes) then set them aside.
- While the lentils are cooking place the nopal and spring onion (cut in half along with the stem) to cook in a pot of water. Make sure to add enough salt. Once the nopal and onion are soft, remove the ingredients and run them over cold water. Set the onion aside (it will no longer be needed).
- Pour the tomato sauce into a pot and cook it for 1 minute.
- Add the lentils, nopal, and chicken broth (or water.
- Allow the ingredients to cook for 10 minutes, 3 minutes before itu2019s ready to be served, add the coriander.
Nutritions of Lentil Soup With Nopalcalories: NutritionInformation
carbohydrateContent: 220 calories
fatContent: 28 grams
fiberContent: 9 grams
proteinContent: 13 grams
sodiumContent: 18 grams
sugarContent: 390 milligrams
: 6 grams